Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Somebody do the math for me ...

I almost forgot about this total act of randomness that happened to me out in L.A. last week. Somebody tell me what the odds are of this happening:

1) On the rental car shuttle at LAX, I helped a guy in a wheelchair get up into the non-accessible bus (no, I'm not asking what the odds are that a jackass like myself would be so kind ...)

2) I get to my hotel in Arcadia (northeast part of L.A., near Pasadena) and realize they've put me in a handicap room. When my co-worker gets into town, I mention that I'm in a handicap room and throw out the story of the guy on the rental car shuttle as an aside.

3) My co-worker and I go out for dinner that night in Arcadia, and as we're pulling into the parking lot, there's a guy in a wheelchair and another dude entering the restaurant.

4) This is the same guy in the wheelchair that I had helped onto the rental car bus at LAX that morning. I tell him hi in the restaurant foyer.

So in the second-largest city (and fourth-largest airport) in the U.S., I helped a random stranger out in the morning, happened to mention this act to my co-worker and end up arriving for dinner - on the other side of the city - at the same restaurant and at the same time as this random person.

And I'm there with the co-worker that I happened to have told the LAX story to.

In that situation, when I'm able to say "dude, that's the guy I helped on the bus this morning", what are the odds of that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home