Thursday, August 05, 2004

California is weird

OK, that's not exactly breaking news. But the level of weirdness here still amuses me.

Case in point - I was driving around SF the other day and got behind a minivan with a personalized license plate (they invented them here, I think). The plate read FAMOF(heart symbol)1. I figured the owner had just stuck a heart symbol (as in "I (heart symbol) NY") on the tag to be cute.

But last night in the hotel garage,
I was parked near a car with the tag I(heart symbol)LORI. So I went up and checked it out. Sure enough, the (heart symbol) was actually part of the tag number.

So in California, I guess there's somebody driving around with I(heart symbol)LA, I(heart symbol)MYDOG, I(heart symbol)TOFU, etc.

I don't know if you can get a "hate" symbol (heart symbol with circle/slash) or not. I'll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home