Friday, March 26, 2004

Framed followup

I owe you Wisdom fans a payoff on my hunt for frames for two LSU National Championship pieces I picked up last month. If you recall from my first piece, Michael's wanted a total of $325 to frame a front-page poster from The Advocate (The Baton Rouge daily, not the national gay newspaper) and a Sugar Bowl print.

And that was Michael's "50% off" "sale" price. They wanted me to believe I'd normally pay $650 to frame this stuff.

Of course, I passed on this deal and turned to my friend, the Internet, for a better solution.

I ended up finding Frames by Mail, a site specializing in custom frames at affordable prices. I just picked out my frames, entered the dimensions and in a couple of clicks I had an order in.

A week or so later, the frames (already assembled) arrived at my door. I unpacked them, stripped the backing off the plexiglass pieces and put my prints inside.

They look good.

And the price? Just $71.27 for both frames, including FedEx delivery.

Take that, Michael's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home