Monday, November 24, 2003

SEC Week 13 wrapup

Try as I might - I don't want to get ahead of myself - I can't stop poking around the mathematics of the BCS. The chances look less than good that LSU can pass USC without a USC loss Dec. 6, and I'm not good at math, but it's an interesting exercise nonetheless.

So the wrapup is a little behind schedule. But here we go ...

The Ole Miss game was just about the most uncomfortable 3 and 1/2 hours of my (and TCL's) life. Jesus, guys, move the ball! After spotting the Rebs 7 (when I was a kid, we'd do that with the little kids we'd play in the backyard, too) and sputtering on offense, it was up to our NCAA-best defense to hold the game together. And they did that very, very well. Poor Eli won't get a Heisman. Hey, at least he's not Cooper.

I also made the very bad mistake of changing my gameday routine. With so much on the line, I decided to pull out the LSU cap, jersey, game-used helmet and car flag. Big mistake. Blame me for the first Ole Miss touchdown. I put everything away after that. Sorry.

So we took Ole Miss down and now have to put the Hogs away Friday to give me something to do the night of Dec. 6. Geaux Tigers.

Elsewhere, Auburn took care of business in the Iron Bowl, Georgia topped Kentucky, Arkansas ran over Miss. St, Clemson downed South Carolina and Tennessee destroyed Vanderbilt - all as predicted (ok, all favorites ... but right is right).

So 6 - 0 for the week, 72 - 19 for the season and 10 - 1 on my Tigers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home