Thursday, October 16, 2003

Not to mention humid ...

Many times when the long playlist of MP3s hits The Myrtles, I get curious about what the guys are up to. [for those of you who don't remember, The Myrtles are a very cool alt-country band headed up by my buddy Lee from Louisiana]

So I hit their website this afternoon and notice there's a couple of new reviews of them posted. One is from "Italiana" and, as you might expect, is written in Italian. I like that the boys just posted the review sans translation.

Of course, I want to see what the Italians are writing about The Myrtles, so I copied the review and pasted into Babel Fish.

The resulting Italian to English translation is mostly gibberish, but the phrase:

"i Myrtles arrivano da Baton Rouge, Louisiana, luogo magico ed assolato del Sud"

translates as:

"the Myrtles arrives from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, magical and sunny place of the South"

Baton Rouge "magical"? It's a hell of a place to spank your cousins or drink yourself to death, but I don't know that I'd go so far as call it "magical."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home