Thursday, September 25, 2003

SEC football review/preview

The L.A. vacation threw the normal posting schedule way off here at Cap'n Ken's, and I didn't get out my recap of last week's football action. And Friday is normally my predictions day, so I've decided to split the difference with a special review/preview edition this week.

So for the review:

LSU downs Georgia - Heckuva game, to say the least. I managed to stay media-free until Monday night and watched it live (to me) on the PVR. I'd picked my boys to win, and they did.

Florida beats Tennessee - The Vols finally impressed me, taking the Crocodiles to school. I'd picked the Vols.

Bama loses to N. Ill - Damn Tide. I'd picked them.

Arkansas beats N. Texas - I got that one right.

Kentucky beats Indiana - Got this one right, too.

Houston beats MSU - I didn't realize just how bad the Bulldogs are. Missed it.

S. Carolina over UAB - Easy one; I got it right.

TCU beats Vandy - Also easy; also right.

So for the week, I was 5 - 3. For the year, 27 - 10. LSU picks are 4 - 0.

Now, for Week 5:

After this week, just about every game will matter; as the non-conference foes give way to SEC rivals.

LSU is up in Stinkville to play Miss. St. I've come to the opinion that this year's Tigers will not fold in the easy games, as has been our tendency in the past when we start well. Of course, saying that will likely ensure that we do fold.

But I'm putting real faith in the boys after the Georgia game. We beat State, 31 - 17

Elsewhere:

Arkansas at Alabama - This will be another week for the Hogs to prove they are as good as they look. Alabama is playing for pride; but I don't seen the Tide winning this one. I'll go Arkansas, 34 - 24

Florida at Kentucky - I think the Crocs will be an up-and-down team all year. They should have beaten Miami, then couldn't hang with Tennessee. They beat Kentucky, though. I'll go Crocodiles, 45 - 31

S. Carolina at Tennessee - After the Florida win, I'm pulling for the Vols in the SEC East. I'd like to meet up with a team we didn't play in the regular season if we make the SEC Championship. The Vols know they are driving the East now, and they don't let up here. Vols, 28 - 17

W. Kentucky at Auburn - The Lesser Tigers still aren't playing SEC teams (I don't count Vandy). What a waste of a weekend. Tigers, 10 - 3

Texas Tech at Ole Miss - The Rebels go out-of-conference for the third week in a row (4th if you count the Vandy opener). I'll go Ole Miss, 52 - 45

Georgia Tech at Vanderbilt - A worthless game between worthless teams. Tech, 21 - 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home